Consumer Reports isn't giving all-electric cars and climate change a lot of attention

Image
Honda will be the next automaker to market an all-electric car as Toyota continues to sit on the sidelines. -- HACKENSACK, N.J. By VICTOR E. SASSON EDITOR Consumer Reports seems to have a blind spot for all-electric cars. The magazine's annual Auto Issue, just out, picks the 10 best new cars for 2017, but all of them use gasoline. For a full report, see: Consumer Reports smells (of gasoline)

Warming my tootsies by the fire as my Model S gulps electricity for trip home

Returning from a trip to Pennsylvania on Sunday afternoon, I enjoyed a cup of coffee in front of a fireplace at Panera Bread in a Hamilton, N.J., shopping center while my Tesla Model S was hooked up to a Supercharger, below.

As I was relaxing in front of the fireplace, my phone's Tesla app said I was ready to resume the trip to my North Jersey home after only 15 minutes, but I waited another 10 minutes or so before disconnecting my car from the free charger.

Heading north in the truck lanes of the New Jersey Turnpike, I took this photo from behind the wheel of my Model S after enabling Autopilot and Autosteer, cruising hands free at 79 mph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can Chevrolet sell an electric car with a 200-mile range for less than the Volt?

Do auto writers really think EV buyers would choose a Bolt over Tesla's Model 3?